Recipe by Kamden & Alyssas Mommy
Simply steamed, Broccoli is a perfect finger food. While broccoli is terrific, broccoli and rice casserole is an example of what can be done with pureed broccoli. Its a favorite with my Toddler, and husband.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Steam broccoli until tender (about 3-4 minutes in microwave/stovetop).
- Place broccoli, soup stock, oil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process to a smooth puree.
- Place rice and cheese in an ovenproof dish. Pour broccoli mixture over the rice and cheese. Toss mixture gently to blend ingredients.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. (Instead of using the oven, you can heat this dish in the microwave for 3 minutes, stir, and cook 3 more minutes)
- Note: Refrigerate leftovers for 3-5 days, or can be frozen for up to 2 months. This dish should not be introduced to children under 12 months old.