1 hr 10 mins
Yummy and cheesy, and you can always add some cooked chicken to it, making it a one-dish meal. (originally from budgetbytes.blogspot.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11) In a medium pot over medium heat, saute the diced onion and olive oil until the onion is soft and translucent.
- 22) Add the rice and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes, or until the rice also looks a bit translucent.
- 33) Add the chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes with a lid covering the pot.
- 44) While the rice is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 55) Thaw the broccoli in the microwave until it is just slightly tender (it will cook further in the casserole).
- 66) When the broccoli is thawed, drain any water, then add it to the rice mixture.
- 77) Mix in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Top the mixture with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- 88) Bake for 30 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 631.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g