Recipe by SusanRW
This is a family-favorite recipe from a church cookbook. I have tailored it a bit to make it a healthier version! I use butter spray instead of margarine, 98% fat-free mushroom soup, and low-fat or fat-free cheese.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 12 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli, onion, margarine (I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray), and water in microwave for 7 - 8 minutes until broccoli is cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place in sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.