Recipe by Rebecca L Davis
Wonderful winter casserole. The water chestnuts add a wonderul crunch to this casserole.
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 2 cups uncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 5 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 8 ounces Cheese Whiz
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and drain broccoli.
- Saute onions, celery, and butter.
- Blend broccoli, rice, cream of chicken soup, milk, water chestnuts and 4 oz cheese whiz. Add the onions, celery, and butter mixture.
- Put remaining 4 oz of cheese whiz on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.