Recipe by NELady
From Best of Taste of Home's First 10 Years Cookbook. Pg. 191.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Good recipe! Made a couple of changes for our tastes... I used cream of celery soup, and didn't put the chopped celery in. Also no butter. I cut the recipe in half as only cooking for DH and myself. I will make this again! Thank you for posting! Made for 1-2-3 Hits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cheese sauce, like cheez whiz
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth.
- Place rice in greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over; do not stir.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.