Recipe by Melanie B.
This is a recipe that was brought to every family potluck picnic when I was growing up. Usually my grandma or one of my aunts would make it.
- 1 onion, small and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 10 ounces broccoli, frozen & chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cheese spread (velveeta or cheez wiz)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion over medium heat with butter until translucent.
- Add celery and broccoli. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, soup, and milk until smooth.
- Place rice in a 8 inch square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice. Do not stir.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.