Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy to prepare side dish. You can double the recipe for a larger crowd.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a one quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and continue baking for 10 minutes.
This is really yummy. I needed a broccoli casserole that doesn't require cheez whiz and soup so this one fit my requirements - and I am sure glad I picked it! It's savory and cheesy and really tasty. I used fresh broccoli that I cooked and then chopped and I used cooked brown rice. It holds together nicely without being eggy and has this garlic and broccoli aroma that's just wonderful. I used about 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and it was seasoned nicely. Note that it makes a small casserole, for about 4-6 servings. You'd need to double it for a potluck. :-) Thanks! I'm uploading a picture, too.
Tried this for the first time on Thanksgiving. I brought back an empty pan and 2 requests for the recipe.
This was a good recipe for a quick fix, which didnt require processed cheese and soup, but I definitely prefer the recipe with them for the sake of moisture. It was ok, but not likely to make my repeat list.