Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Betty Crocker's Vegetarian Cooking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons firm butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- Heat oven to 425.
- Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 2-quart saucepan; add broccoli.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Mix broccoli, rice, broth, soup, pimientos and pepper in 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Cut margarine into baking mix, using pastry blender, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbly mixture over broccoli mixture.
- Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until top is light brown.
This was delicious even for the few "non-broccoli lovers" in my family! It went great with Recipe #218356. I was in a hurry so I cooked my rice in the pressure cooker, then proceeded with the recipe. My topping was kind of powdery when baked,so next time I will mix the ingred. in my Magic Bullet to mix it more evenly. The rice was a nice texture (not too "soupy" in texture/taste)Thanks Kbksmama for posting. Roxygirl