Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can take the time to fry, cool, and crumble bacon for this - - but if you want to save time, use Oscar Meyer Ready to Serve Fully Cooked Bacon.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 10 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar or 3 -4 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Chill at least one hour and serve.
Even my non-broccoli eating clan loves (and asks) for this. Have made it for years and at the holidays you can sub the dried cranberries of cherrys.
So good! I used half golden raisins and low cal sald dressing instead of mayo.
This has been around for decades and I've never tried it before. Ah...to summon back lost time. A good salad - a bit salty from the sunflower seeds. Next time I'll try it with unsalted seeds.