Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a different green vegetable salad. It has become a Thanksgiving tradition in our family.
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Crumble into small pieces.
- Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces, discarding the stem.
- Combine the bacon, broccoli, onion& raisins.
- Mix the mayonnaise, powdered sugar& vinegar together, making sure all lumps are gone.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the broccoli mixture.
- This salad may be mixed together the night before.