Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made this salad quite a few times last summer, it was a big hit. It is a nice light pasta salad with a slightly sweet orangy flavored dressing, perfect for a summer get together. Of coarse all ingredients may be doubled if desired. I have even added in cooked cubed ham into this salad also. Prep time includes minimum 3 hours refrigeration time. If you prefer lots of dressing, just double up on the ingredients. I think you will really enjoy this salad!
- 2 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped (cooked only to JUST firm-tender, and well drained)
- 8 -10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced small
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing: toss all the dressing ingredients together; whisk until well combined, set aside (dressing makes about 1 cup).
- Cook the pasta in a large pot with about 7-8 cups water (cook ONLY until firm tender, small-shell pasta takes very little time to cook!)drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl, and toss with 2 tablespoon oil to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; toss to mix.
- Add/mix in the dressing; toss gently to combine.
- Place covered in refrigerator for 3 or more hours before serving.