Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is GOOD! A nice LOW FAT salad that will help you get those veggies into your diet! This is NOT an overly sweet salad, but the raisins and sweet red bell pepper help to balance the tart vinegar. This is a favorite of mine and I hope you enjoy it too! This comes from the Sun-Maid Raisin folks!
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine all salad ingredients well.
- Combine all dressing ingredients well and, pour dressing over salad.
- Toss all together, mixing well and add salt and pepper to taste.
I made this for a girlfriend when she came for lunch. Good flavors, though not the best pasta salad I've ever tasted. I added a little extra sugar because it seemed too vinegary. I also didn't have a red onion so I used a little chopped white onion. I'll probably use less onion if I make this again. It was very simple to make though, and I liked the raisins & broccoli together!
This was exceptional. I used a little extra sugar in the dressing and subbed grated carrot for the red pepper. I also used dried cranberries in place of the raisins. Excellent salad. I doubled the recipe and as glad I did as it was so popular.Thanks for the recipe.
A great, simple salad! I played with the dressing a bit, adding about a tsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp. oregano and about 1/4 tsp. chopped shallot. I added pumpkin seeds, too. I'm looking forward to eating this for lunches all week!