Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty combination of flavors and textures. Healthy & filling. From May 2007 BHG.
Make and share this Broccoli Raisin Cauliflower Salad recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan bring 4 inches of water to boiling. Add the broccoli & cauliflower and return to boiling. Cook covered for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In 2 to 2 1/2 quart bowl layer half the broccoli, cauliflower raisins and walnuts.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill.
- In a screw top jar combine the olive oil, vinegar, 1 tsp salt, the honey, basil, black pepper and red pepper. Cover tightly and shake well.
- Add dressing just before serving (drizzle over top). Toss to coat (let everyone admire the layers first!).
- Prep time does not include chill time in fridge.
I did not care for the dressing - it needed.....something.... But I did eat my veggies this week, thank you for sharing!
This was very good. Liked the idea of cooking the veggies a little before adding it all together. The dressing was way too tart for us so I added a lot more honey to make it more to our likeing. Very nice.