Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty combination of flavors and textures. Healthy & filling. From May 2007 BHG.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed (adds heat!) (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring 4 inches of water to boiling. Add the broccoli & cauliflower and return to boiling. Cook covered for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In 2 to 2 1/2 quart bowl layer half the broccoli, cauliflower raisins and walnuts.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill.
- In a screw top jar combine the olive oil, vinegar, 1 tsp salt, the honey, basil, black pepper and red pepper. Cover tightly and shake well.
- Add dressing just before serving (drizzle over top). Toss to coat (let everyone admire the layers first!).
- Prep time does not include chill time in fridge.
I did not care for the dressing - it needed.....something.... But I did eat my veggies this week, thank you for sharing!
This was very good. Liked the idea of cooking the veggies a little before adding it all together. The dressing was way too tart for us so I added a lot more honey to make it more to our likeing. Very nice.