- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed (adds heat!) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring 4 inches of water to boiling. Add the broccoli & cauliflower and return to boiling. Cook covered for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In 2 to 2 1/2 quart bowl layer half the broccoli, cauliflower raisins and walnuts.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill.
- In a screw top jar combine the olive oil, vinegar, 1 tsp salt, the honey, basil, black pepper and red pepper. Cover tightly and shake well.
- Add dressing just before serving (drizzle over top). Toss to coat (let everyone admire the layers first!).
- Prep time does not include chill time in fridge.