Recipe by Rita~
An Italian bitter green Rapini, in the broccoli family it a nice change from the usual greens. A Tip If the bitter flavor of this healthy green is to strong for you. Boil the rapini first, then drain and saute it. Also, make sure to remove tough ends and peel the tough lower stalks so the cooked vegetable is tender.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
I don't think it's called the same thing here in Scotland but I made like you said but cut the recipe quantities a bit. It was lovely, I served it with shepherds pie. I would cook it like this again a bit more flavour than just plain. Thank you for posting Made for Honor thy mother the diabetic forum May 2011.
- 2 lbs fresh rapini
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- water or chicken stock, for moisture
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the rapini in lots of water, removing any loose dirt & the bottom portion of the stems which appear tough. Cut into 4-inch lengths.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute until slightly softened, about 1 minute. Add the rapini, just enough water or stock to add moisture to the bottom for cooking, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until desired tenderness, about 15-30 minutes adding extra water if needed.
- Remove the lid and allow the water to evaporate.
- Garnish with Crushed pepper flakes.