I found the base for this recipe in cooking light in an ad. I'm a broccoli rabe fan and wanted to share this delicious and spicy side dish. Please adjust all ingredients to your family's tastes!
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Place broccoli rabe in boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain. Place in ice water to cool.
- Squeeze liquid from broccoli rabe and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and add garlic. Saute' for 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Add broccoli rabe, tomatoes, and pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until tender.
I like it but it didn't knock my socks off. For me, I think it needs a salty taste added ...perhaps a few sliced olives?