Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I usually use focaccia bread instead of making or buying dough. Take casings off and cut up sausage for quicker cooking
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, cooked and casings removed cut into small pieces
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, julienne
- 59.16 ml garlic, chopped
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese, grated or 473.18 ml favorite cheese
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, shredded
- 14.79 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g pizza dough, large store bought, basic dough recipe or 1 focaccia bread
- 59.14 ml olive oil (or enough to coat pizza dough)
- Spread dough evenly on a pizza pan.
- Coat generously with olive oil.
- Sprinkle surface with chopped garlic.
- Rinse and cut broccoli rabe into 3-4 inch pieces.
- Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on pizza then sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli rabe.
- Sprinkle basil and crushed red pepper.
- Bake until crust is brown in a 325°F oven.
Delicious! I made my own pizza dough and had to use dried basil, because the fresh basil at the market looked awful. Will try fresh basil next time.