Recipe by Antifreesz
I usually use focaccia bread instead of making or buying dough. Take casings off and cut up sausage for quicker cooking
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cooked and casings removed cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, julienne
- 4 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated or 2 cups favorite cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb pizza dough, large store bought, basic dough recipe or 1 focaccia bread
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or enough to coat pizza dough)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread dough evenly on a pizza pan.
- Coat generously with olive oil.
- Sprinkle surface with chopped garlic.
- Rinse and cut broccoli rabe into 3-4 inch pieces.
- Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on pizza then sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli rabe.
- Sprinkle basil and crushed red pepper.
- Bake until crust is brown in a 325°F oven.