Cooking Light. Nov. 2003. I bet this would freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (3/4-inch)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe, trimmed (rapini)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (16 ounce) can other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; toss well to coat.
- 3Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 4Cut the broccoli rabe crosswise into thirds. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 5 minutes; drain. Set aside.
- 5Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add squash, stock, and beans; cook 10 minutes. Place 1 1/2 cups vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return puréed mixture to pan; stir in broccoli rabe and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Rabe, Butternut Squash, and White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1033.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.2 g