Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cooking Light. Nov. 2003. I bet this would freeze well.
Make and share this Broccoli Rabe, Butternut Squash, and White Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (3/4-inch)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe, trimmed (rapini)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (16 ounce) canother white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; toss well to coat.
- Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Cut the broccoli rabe crosswise into thirds. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 5 minutes; drain. Set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add squash, stock, and beans; cook 10 minutes. Place 1 1/2 cups vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return puréed mixture to pan; stir in broccoli rabe and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.