Recipe by Marz
This is an extremely easy meal to put together. Got this from 30 minutes meal...Rachael Ray. Any type of pasta will go well with this, I've used penne before!
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, with lines cooked to al dente
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus some to pass at table
- 1⁄3 lb salami, chopped (Genoa, sopressata, hot or sweet, or a mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 inches water in a deep skillet to a boil for broccoli rabe and 1 large pot of water to a boil for pasta. Salt the water liberally.
- Simmer the broccoli rabe in water 10 to 12 minutes, then drain. Return the skillet to medium heat with 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and red pepper to the oil and gently cook a couple of minutes, add broccoli rabe and cook 5 minutes more.
- While the broccoli rabe cooks, drop the rigatoni into the boiling water and cook until al dente. Just before draining reserve 1 cup starchy liquid.
- Combine the ricotta, Parmesan, salami and black pepper, to taste, in a pasta bowl. Add the starchy liquid and stir. Add the broccoli rabe and pasta and toss 2 minutes to coat and combine.