Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple
Make and share this Broccoli Rabe and Olives With Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, broil both lemon halves until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Remove and cool. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Squeeze 1 lemon half into the skillet. Add the broccoli rabe, olives, salt, and pepper and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve, using the other lemon half, cut into wedges, for garnish.
Different and delicious:bitter and salty and tart. Be careful not to overcook the broccoli rabe. I'd recommend blanching for only a couple of minutes. I'll be making this again!