Recipe by Marz
From Taste of Home, contributed by Mary Ann Lee from Clifton Park NY. Speedy to make and very tastey meatless dish.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 lb broccoli rabe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/4 inch off the bottoms of the broccoli rabe stems, discard coarse outer leaves. Rinse Broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2 inch pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic inoil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moistened the pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.