Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Aglio Olio is a basic, quick pasta dish. You can use leftover chicken and veggies or cook as you go which will determine your prep time.
- 1 lb pasta, angel hair
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, blanched & sauted with
- oil, and
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped 2 for sauting broccoli rabe and 2 for sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for broccoli rabe saute and 1/4 for sauce
- 2 -3 cooked chicken breasts, and cubed
- fresh grated cheese, your favorite
- While the pasta (Angel Hair takes about 4 minutes) is cooking start aglio olio.
- In a heavy saucepan with a med/low flame, add 1/4 cup of oil and garlic.
- Lightly sauté garlic do not let the garlic get dark brown.
- Add chicken stock and stir.
- Add chicken.
- Add Broccoli Rabe.
- Do not drain pasta; use tongs to "pull" pasta out of pot and put in to pan with chicken and broccoli rabe.
- Toss and serve with fresh grated cheese.