1/1 Photo of Broccoli Rabb, Guinness Black Lager and Celtic Cheaddar Bisque
Chef #848413's Note:
Broccoli Rabb, Guinness, Celtic Cheese and Apple-Wood Bacon Bits infuse a rich flavor into this Irish Bisque.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces apple-smoked bacon (Chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups leeks (Chopped)
- 1 serrano pepper (Chopped)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 lbs broccoli raab (Florets & stems chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles lager beer (Guinness Black Lage)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups heavy cream (Tempered)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons winter savory (Chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley (Chopped)
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese (Celtic Grated)
- 1In a Dutch oven cook bacon until crisp, remove and reserve 2-tablespoons bacon grease.
- 2Add bay leaves, leeks, Serrano pepper, garlic and broccoli rabb. Season with sea salt and white pepper. Saute vegetables 6-8 minutes.
- 3Deglaze with 1/4 cup *Gunness Black Lager.
- 4Add Guinness Black Lager, chicken stock, heavy cream and nutmeg, Bring to a full boil and reduce to a simmer for 10-minutes.
- 5Fold in fresh chopped herbs and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- 6Fold in Celtic Cheddar cheese stirring until Bisque has thickened. Remove Bisque from heat and discard bay leaves.
- 7Puree bisque with a hand blender or in batches.
- 8Season Bisque to taste with sea salt and white pepper. Serve in warm bowls.
- 9Garnish with chopped bacon and Celtic Cheddar Cheese.
- 10*CHEF'S NOTE: The 2nd bottle is for the Chef.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Rabb, Guinness Black Lager and Celtic Cheaddar Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.7
- Calories from Fat 704
- Total Fat 78.2 g
- Saturated Fat 48.7 g
- Cholesterol 278.2 mg
- Sodium 676.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: