Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Broccoli Rabb, Guinness, Celtic Cheese and Apple-Wood Bacon Bits infuse a rich flavor into this Irish Bisque.
- 4 ounces apple-smoked bacon (Chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups leeks (Chopped)
- 1 serrano pepper (Chopped)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 lbs broccoli raab (Florets & stems chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles lager beer (Guinness Black Lage)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups heavy cream (Tempered)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons winter savory (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (Chopped)
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese (Celtic Grated)
- In a Dutch oven cook bacon until crisp, remove and reserve 2-tablespoons bacon grease.
- Add bay leaves, leeks, Serrano pepper, garlic and broccoli rabb. Season with sea salt and white pepper. Saute vegetables 6-8 minutes.
- Deglaze with 1/4 cup *Gunness Black Lager.
- Add Guinness Black Lager, chicken stock, heavy cream and nutmeg, Bring to a full boil and reduce to a simmer for 10-minutes.
- Fold in fresh chopped herbs and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in Celtic Cheddar cheese stirring until Bisque has thickened. Remove Bisque from heat and discard bay leaves.
- Puree bisque with a hand blender or in batches.
- Season Bisque to taste with sea salt and white pepper. Serve in warm bowls.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and Celtic Cheddar Cheese.
- *CHEF'S NOTE: The 2nd bottle is for the Chef.