1/2 Photos of Broccoli "it's Addictive" Crack Salad
3 hrs 30 mins
I love broccoli salad. LOVE IT! You know the kind with raisins or craisins, sunflower seeds, shredded cheese, bacon, broccoli florets, etc. etc. etc.? It's not salad, it's dessert. You can even pretend it's all healthy *snort* lol. I took all the elements of all the different versions I have tried, changed them up a bit and made it more evil and even more addictive. Get creative, there are so many things that could happily go into this salad and make it even more fantabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (2 1/2-3 ounce) bag bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 onion, diced 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Master Foods or Hellmans)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Put the broccoli, bacon bits (you can also use Baco's/aka Fake-on if you want to go all out veggie), dried apricots, raisins, chopped onions, and sharp shredded cheddar cheese into a large salad bowl.
- 2To prepare the toasted nuts. Place the chopped nuts into a medium fry pan over medium heat for 5 mins, stirring frequently. Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of honey over the nuts and turn heat to high, stirring and coating the pecans (or sunflower seeds, or peanuts) for 3 mins and then let them cool.
- 3Add nut pieces to the other solid ingredients in large bowl.
- 4Dressing: Pour the last five ingredients into a small bowl with a fork till well incorporated. Pour over salad and toss. Cover salad and let it rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours to let the flavors meld.
- 5ADDITION IDEAS: You can also add halved grapes, chopped apples, crumbled uncooked ramen noodles, canned mandarin segments, crumbled feta or blue cheese -- .
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli "it's Addictive" Crack Salad
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 267.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: