Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a tasty breakfast on the go. I make a batch to freeze and then they're ready to go in my lunch bag. Everywhere I work people ask for the recipe. They're also good without the ham
- 1 cup chopped broccoli floret
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- Combine the broccoli, onion, ham, and cheese; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add oil; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in the broccoli mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups (NO paper liners!) two-thirds full. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
- These freeze very well.
These have great possibilities & I think one could come up with endless varieties to use what's on hand. The muffins do have a definite quiche like taste, if not texture. I found the batter very thick & the muffins a tad dry. I plan to be more careful with the measuring of flour & to replace my baking powder before making the recipe again. Maybe that will correct the issue. We did enjoy them for brunch & they reheated nicely for another meal. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall 2011 Pick A Chef. You were adopted! :-)
Great breakfast treat. The broccoli was steamed a couple of minutes in the microwave and the use of the Vita-Mix make quick work of chopping. The onion was reduced to 1/2 medium. I used a combination of egg beaters and whole eggs. The flour was a mixture of white and whole wheat pastry flour. I was able to reduce the amount of oil to 1/3 cup. My yield was 15 nice size muffins. Made for Spice of the Month in the French Forum.