Recipe by ChipotleChick
Delicious quiche! You can easily blanch frozen broccoli florets by simply running it under very hot water for a few minutes.
Top Review by Mickey in MN
I started out with another recipe so I had 5 eggs and 1 cup of milk but it still worked out great. Also added a few sautéed mushrooms along with onions. Added 1/2 cup of bacon, cooked & chopped.
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1⁄2 sliced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup broccoli floret, blanched and drained
- 3⁄4 cup grated gruyere or 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush frozen crust with egg yolk and prick thoroughly with a fork.
- Prebake according to package instructions.
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Mix the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spread the onion, broccoli, and cheese on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until set and browned.