Vegetarian quiche is easy to make but presents very well. Non vegetarians can throw in a little diced bacon.
- Preheat oven to 175degC (350degF).
- Over medium heat melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and broccoli.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Spoon vegetables into pie shell and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until centre comes out clean.
It's good! It's actually the quiche recipe I use regularly... the only difference is that I use much less onion, maybe only 1/3 of an onion, add more broccoli (two heads at least) and more cheese (both cheddar and mozarella. Also, the baking time is a bit longer...I keep mine in the oven for about 45mins
Very nice broccolie quiche indeed. I did (sorry) add some finely diced bacon, green onion, green pepper and mushroom to the base. I loved the consistency of the dish very much .. I let the "pie" stand for half an hour before slicing. I cooked this for 60 minutes on 350 and it was perfect!! I served this cold with an assortment of baby organic greens and garlic toast. Thanks for sharing!
This was very good. I made it exactly as you wrote, except I used regular evaporated milk, didn't have skim. I will definitely use this again and will experiment with other fillings. Thank you for a great recipe.