Recipe by Sueie
Vegetarian quiche is easy to make but presents very well. Non vegetarians can throw in a little diced bacon.
Top Review by mlrusten
It's good! It's actually the quiche recipe I use regularly... the only difference is that I use much less onion, maybe only 1/3 of an onion, add more broccoli (two heads at least) and more cheese (both cheddar and mozarella. Also, the baking time is a bit longer...I keep mine in the oven for about 45mins
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim evaporated milk (normal milk can be used if preferred)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175degC (350degF).
- Over medium heat melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and broccoli.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Spoon vegetables into pie shell and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until centre comes out clean.