Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe always goes over really good at gatherings. It is a finger food also. I originally found the recipe on the net but changed the cheese.
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen cut up broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) piece mozzarella cheese (whole milk if you can get it)
- 5 eggs
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Thaw broccoli in Microwave 2 minutes.
- Cut up cheese in little cubes.
- Beat all eggs and add the broccoli, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Add parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degees for about 30 minutes until the top in nice and brown.
- Can also use Cheddar Cheese in place of the Mozzerella.
I had trouble with this recipe, the egg/cheese mixture did not seem to rise enough, it took twice as long to bake and I ended up with dry, crispy broccoli and very little filling!
I would also give this one more than five stars if I could. It's enough that it tastes great and is elegant, as well as super-easy to prepare. But here's a quiche recipe that doesn't require cream!!! (Which every other quiche recipe I've come across, unfortunately, seems to call for.) Thank you, thank you for this healthier and flavorful alternative!
i too added 1 1/2 cups of fat free half and half. I ALSO used 2- 8"pie shells not the deep dish shells (only because I bought the wrong ones! LOL) I divided the mixed ingredients in half and filled both pie shells. I upped the temp to 375 and placed both shells on a cookie sheet. I baked them for 55 minutes (I kept checking them after 40 minutes but not browned on top until 55 minutes.) It was creamy and delicious! AND, I got TWO! Enjoy!