Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good, and easy to boot. It got good reviews on the Cooking Light website.
Top Review by Paris D
The cheese and broccoli added surprisingly little flavor - it still tasted like plain mashed potatoes... BUT it looked prettier because the broccoli makes the potatoes green and you get the extra nutrients from the broccoli.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, prepared mashed potatoes such as Simply Potatoes
- 1 lb broccoli floret, about 8 cups
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk, 1%
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat potatoes according to pkg directions and keep warm.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water 7 min or til tender. Drain. Place broccoli, and remaining ingreds except mashed potatoes in a food processor, process til smooth.
- Combine potatoes and broccoli mixture, and heat through if neccesary.