Recipe by 2hot2handle
This is a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and my whole family loves it. What a great way to get kids to eat broccoli, and it makes an unexpected side dish as a replacement for plain mashed potatoes.
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potato chunks in a steamer rack and cook over high heat until they are very tender, about 18 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a medium bowl and mash until smooth.
- Place broccoli into the steamer rack and steam over medium heat until it is very tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to the bowl of a food processor. Add the broth, cream cheese and Parmesan. Process until the broccoli is pureed and almost smooth.
- Stir the broccoli puree into the mashed potato and blend well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.