Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple side dish that is really tasty!
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli or 2 packages frozen broccoli
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook broccoli until tender.
- Cut up and place in in a 2 qt casserole dish.
- Mix soup and milk and pour over broccoli.
- Layer cheese over soup.
- Combine bisquik mix and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle this mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Wow, this recipe has made it's rounds! My mother used to make this and didn't know what to call it, and we just called it Broccoli Puff. It is one of my favorite comfort foods! It's a hit at potlucks too!
This is a very nice way to serve broccoli. I cut the recipe in half (small family) and used heart healthy Bisquick and it turned out great! I loved the cheddar cheese in this but I'd like to play around with it and try it next time with swiss cheese and see how that turns out. Yum! A nice change of pace from plain steamed broccoli. My whole family loved this one, even my toddler! I will definately make this one again. Thank you for sharing!!