Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has been a traditional Thanksgiving side dish at our house. I looked forward to this casserole almost as much as the turkey, if not more. Even ones who don't like broccoli will take to this dish.
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Cook broccoli; drain.
- Place broccoli in casserole dish.
- In separate bowl, combine soup, cheese, milk, mayo, and egg until blended.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Combine butter and crumbs; sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Cyrene,thank you for posting your Broccoli Puff.I chose this recipe because it listed fresh broccoli,not frozen.Was happy to have leftovers for lunch the next day.The only thing I will do different next time is not cook the broccoli for so long,because it really was over cooked with the oven time.In fact, I am going to try not pre cooking the broccoli.This is a very good any time side dish.:0)
Totally awesome! I don't like broccoli, but I loved this and will make it again.
This was superb! I followed the recipe but used a little more cheese and breadcrumbs and infused the butter with lemon - delish!