Recipe by philip cocuzza
The broccoli puff is always better the next day. I make this dish around the holidays, it goes great with turkey, lamb, pork and chicken, a nice side dish.
Top Review by Darlene1
I made this for the first time at Thanksgiving. The whole family loved it! Even the little kids. I then made it for a pot-luck at work. It went over, big-time. It's been added as a new family tradition for holidays.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like to use 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) bag croutons
- salt & pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook and drain the broccoli.
- Combine undiluted soup, eggs, mayonnaise, cheese, onions, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the drained broccoli.
- Pour mixture in 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a frying pan, toss in the croutons until butter is absorbed.
- Add buttered croutons to baked broccoli the last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Note: This dish is always better the next day.