Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is quite a common way of doing potatoes but I thought I would send it in anyway. Sometimes I do the recipe up until the final baking step and then just pop them in the oven 25 min before serving dinner
- 2 large scrubbed baking potatoes
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick the scrubbed potatoes and bake for about 1 hour (Until tender).
- Cool on a rack for about 15 min (do not turn off the oven).
- Meanwhile steam the broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Slice each potato in half and gently scoop out most of the flesh leaving the shells in tact.
- In a blender or food processor, using the metal blade, combine the potato flesh, sour cream, broccoli, green onion, garlic, salt& pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon the potato mixture into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through about l5 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
These were great! I made then up on Sunday night and did everything except bake them the second time. Came in from work Monday evening and popped them in the oven and served hot with some veggies--we didn't even need any meat! I love quick easy meals like this.
Not so common, never saw this one before although ingredients are common hadn't thought of putting together. Thanks for sharing:) Served it with Mom's Meatloaf (by Mary in NJ) It complimented the meatloaf and was a great dinner!
Add me to the list of cook's who loved this easy recipe, Bergy!! I've made twice-stuffed taters before, but, they sure never came out like these! I whipped them up with a handbeater, and then folded in the broccoli ... OMG!! Soooo, good! They were great as "re-runs" the next night, too! They are "keepers" in this house! Thanks a bunch for sharing!