Recipe by Annacia
From BHG. Gouda cheese gives this delicious soup smoky flavor. Broccoli and winter greens (such as curly endive, chicory, escarole, or spinach) keep it healthy.
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets, very small
- 473.18 ml low-fat milk
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml smoked gouda cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
- 473.18 ml winter greens (such as curly endive, chicory, romaine, escarole, or spinach)
- additional gouda cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan combine potatoes and broth.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 8 minutes. Mash slightly.
- Add broccoli and milk; bring just to simmering.
- In medium bowl toss flour with cheese; gradually add to soup, stirring cheese until melted.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Divide among shallow serving bowls.
- Top with greens and additonal cheese if desired. .