1/3 Photos of Broccoli-Potato Soup With Greens
From BHG. Gouda cheese gives this delicious soup smoky flavor. Broccoli and winter greens (such as curly endive, chicory, escarole, or spinach) keep it healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets, very small
- 473.18 ml low-fat milk
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml smoked gouda cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
- 473.18 ml winter greens (such as curly endive, chicory, romaine, escarole, or spinach)
- additional gouda cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1In large saucepan combine potatoes and broth.
- 2Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Simmer, covered, 8 minutes. Mash slightly.
- 4Add broccoli and milk; bring just to simmering.
- 5In medium bowl toss flour with cheese; gradually add to soup, stirring cheese until melted.
- 6Season to taste with black pepper.
- 7Divide among shallow serving bowls.
- 8Top with greens and additonal cheese if desired. .
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli-Potato Soup With Greens
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 579.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 24.3 g