Recipe by Mirj
Even though this is a Passover recipe we also eat this during the year, it's a favorite. The measurements are very flexible, you really can't mess up this recipe!
Top Review by canarygirl
This was so easy to make, and I really enjoyed the flavors. I did add a bit of cheese to the egg mixture too, otherwise followed to a T. I thought it could have used something else--maybe some garlic or onion (I have difficulty cooking without either one), so will probably add some next time. Thanks for another great recipe, Mirj!
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 -3 broken matzos or 1 cup farfel
- grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut in half.
- Boil until almost soft enough to mash.
- Add broccoli florets and boil until somewhat soft.
- Drain everything and mash well.
- Add milk and mix well.
- It will be somewhat soupy.
- Add beaten eggs and matzo.
- Place in a greased casserole dish, top with grated cheese, and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.