Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Even though this is a Passover recipe we also eat this during the year, it's a favorite. The measurements are very flexible, you really can't mess up this recipe!
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 -3 broken matzos or 1 cup farfel
- grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut in half.
- Boil until almost soft enough to mash.
- Add broccoli florets and boil until somewhat soft.
- Drain everything and mash well.
- Add milk and mix well.
- It will be somewhat soupy.
- Add beaten eggs and matzo.
- Place in a greased casserole dish, top with grated cheese, and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
This was so easy to make, and I really enjoyed the flavors. I did add a bit of cheese to the egg mixture too, otherwise followed to a T. I thought it could have used something else--maybe some garlic or onion (I have difficulty cooking without either one), so will probably add some next time. Thanks for another great recipe, Mirj!
I enjoyed this and ended up eating most of it warmed over in the microwave, but my family all responded that it was only so-so. I will make this once in awhile in the future, but only in small amounts for myself, and possibly DH as he thought it was OK for combining our potatoes and veggies in a meal. Thank you for sharing this recipe Mirj! I loved it even if the rest of my family didn't!
We thought is was pretty bland. I would soupe it up with garlic, onion, butter and whatefer spices I found at hand if I made it again. I ended up mashing up the leftovers, adding a bit of flour and frying them up as brocolli potato pancakes and that was very well received.