Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Assembled super quick with the aid of a food processor, this recipe can baked in the oven or crock pot. Measurements are flexible so you can have more of what you like. Great as a vegetarian entree or as a fancy side dish.
- Shred potatoes with food processor, add to crock pot.
- lightly chop broccoli florets in food processor, add to crock pot.
- If you don't have the farfel, lightly chop matzot in food processor (don't reduce to powder, leave it a little "chunky") add to crock pot.
- Add milk and beaten eggs to crock pot. Give it a good stir.
- Top with grated cheese, turn it on low for about 3 hours.
Firstly, as what may seem an unfair tactic, I don't cook dairy in my crockpot (it's a religious thing). But aside from that, I was excited about trying out this recipe, for several reasons: 1. I love kugels (even have a kugel cookbook here on Zaar). 2. Cheese potato stuff is comfort food for me. 3. Add broccoli to the mix, and I am a happy camper. All in all, this is yummy, if a bit liquidy. It could be because I baked it in an oven for 1 hour at 175 degrees C. I didn't cook it in the crockpot for 6 hours, so I'm guessing that if I did, the liquid would be completely absorbed into the kugel. But please, take my word for this, it's yummy. If I could but the word "yummy" in big, red, bold letter, I would, but I can't, so I won't. I will make this again (for dinner tonight, actually), and cut back on the milk by 1/3 of a cup. I've got just enough matzo left to give this another run. Thanks for supper, it was lovely!