1/4 Photos of Broccoli Potato Gratin
Trimming the fat from a classic dish by using creamy Yukon Gold potatoes as the base of this dish - from Good Housekeeping magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 4-quart saucepan, place broccoli, potatoes, and water. On high heat, cover and heat until boiling. Then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 17 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes and broccoli are very tender, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat broiler and set oven rack 6 inches from source of heat.
- 3Drain vegetables in colander set over large bowl, reserving 1/4 cup vegetable cooking liquid.
- 4Return vegetables to saucepan & mash with a potato masher, adding some reserved cooking liquid if mixture seems dry.
- 5Stir in nutmeg, 1/4 cup Parmesan,salt and pepper.
- 6Spread vegetable mixture in a shallow, broiler-safe 1- to 1 1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- 7Place dish in oven and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until Parmesan is browned.
- 8Serving size = 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 308.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g