This is a low-fat recipe I got out of one of my moms weight watchers cookbook and I've been making it for years. The DH loves it and it's great to make on cold days and fine for big portions. SPECIAL NOTE: This soup can easily be modified. Add more ham and cheese if you’d like, or add cubed chicken or Turkey instead of ham. If you add more veggies and need more water to boil them, use 2 bouillon cubes to every cup of water you add and 2 Tablespoons of Flour to every cup of milk to thicken it up. I serve the soup with Cheddar Cheese Popovers. NOTE: If you are doing the 2012 version of WW, it has 11 points per serving as written.
- Combine Potatoes, Celery, Carrots, Onion, Parsley, Broccoli and Pepper into Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water and 2 bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat cover and simmer until potatoes /carrots are tender.
- Whisk flour and milk together, pour into soup. Stir constantly until soup thickens.
- Add cheese and Ham.
- Stir until cheese melts and Ham is warm.
- See "recipe description" at top for notes on bigger portions.