Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a low-fat recipe I got out of one of my moms weight watchers cookbook and I've been making it for years. The DH loves it and it's great to make on cold days and fine for big portions. SPECIAL NOTE: This soup can easily be modified. Add more ham and cheese if you’d like, or add cubed chicken or Turkey instead of ham. If you add more veggies and need more water to boil them, use 2 bouillon cubes to every cup of water you add and 2 Tablespoons of Flour to every cup of milk to thicken it up. I serve the soup with Cheddar Cheese Popovers. NOTE: If you are doing the 2012 version of WW, it has 11 points per serving as written.
- 10 ounces potatoes, Cubed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup broccoli (Fresh is best)
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 ounce ham
- 4 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Combine Potatoes, Celery, Carrots, Onion, Parsley, Broccoli and Pepper into Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water and 2 bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat cover and simmer until potatoes /carrots are tender.
- Whisk flour and milk together, pour into soup. Stir constantly until soup thickens.
- Add cheese and Ham.
- Stir until cheese melts and Ham is warm.
- See "recipe description" at top for notes on bigger portions.
I got 8 points on my ww calculator
Just an FYI for WW member, used the ww website and points are this: for 2 serving- 7pts /serving. For 4 servings-3pts/serving. I plan on trying this soon and will rate it then. Sounds delicious.
This is a wonderfully wicked tasting soup to be so light! This is definitely the kind of comfort food called for by frigid Alaska winter nights. It's just a bonus that I don't have to feel guilt-laden after eating it! I did saute the veggies in a bit of cooking spray before adding the remaining ingredients and added 1 can of fat free evaporated milk to make it even creamier. Thanks Mrs. Ambrosia for a winning recipe.