Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my favorite marinade for pork, oriental with just a hint of lemon. You would never know that it was low fat.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin (You can substitute any lean pork)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely shredded
- ------Marinade-------Mix garlic, onions, lemon juice, soy sauce and honey together.
- Trim fat from pork.
- Cut pork into 1/2" pieces; place into a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over pork.
- Seal bag.
- Marinade pork for 20 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to use, no longer than 24 hours.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Spray skillet with nonstick spray; add olive oil and heat until oil is hot.
- Add pork; stir-fry until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove pork from skillet.
- Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli, pork and marinade.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Heat until boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and water; stir into pork mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Now that I have made this several times I would double the ingredients for the marinade to make the final sauce more flavorful.
Really great. Sometimes I also add some thinly sliced carrot. The orange & green look really good together. I serve over boiled rice. Cheers :)
I made the recipe as directed, and doubled the amount of marinade, as the chef suggested. The dish smelled wonderful as it was cooking, but when we actually tried it, it didn't seem to quite live up to the lovely aroma. Not sure if the consistency of the cornstarch-based sauce, or maybe the lemon, honey, and soy sauce combination ratio didn't satisfy our taste buds. It just wasn't quite what we expected based on the ingredients and the great cooking smells.