1/1 Photo of Broccoli Pork
Sassy Cat's Note:
This is my favorite marinade for pork, oriental with just a hint of lemon. You would never know that it was low fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin (You can substitute any lean pork)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely shredded
- 1------Marinade-------Mix garlic, onions, lemon juice, soy sauce and honey together.
- 3Trim fat from pork.
- 4Cut pork into 1/2" pieces; place into a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over pork.
- 5Seal bag.
- 6Marinade pork for 20 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to use, no longer than 24 hours.
- 7Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- 8Spray skillet with nonstick spray; add olive oil and heat until oil is hot.
- 9Add pork; stir-fry until no longer pink in the center.
- 10Remove pork from skillet.
- 11Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil.
- 12Add broccoli, pork and marinade.
- 13Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- 14Heat until boiling.
- 15Mix cornstarch and water; stir into pork mixture.
- 16Cook and stir until thickened.
- 17Serve over pasta or rice.
- 18Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Pork
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 640.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 15.0 g