This is my favorite marinade for pork, oriental with just a hint of lemon. You would never know that it was low fat.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin (You can substitute any lean pork)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely shredded
- ------Marinade-------Mix garlic, onions, lemon juice, soy sauce and honey together.
- Trim fat from pork.
- Cut pork into 1/2" pieces; place into a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over pork.
- Seal bag.
- Marinade pork for 20 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to use, no longer than 24 hours.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Spray skillet with nonstick spray; add olive oil and heat until oil is hot.
- Add pork; stir-fry until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove pork from skillet.
- Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli, pork and marinade.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Heat until boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and water; stir into pork mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- Sprinkle with lemon peel.