- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli, broken into florrets, with stems peeled and cut 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring enough salted water to a boil in pot to cover egg by 2 inches. Gently lower egg into water and reduce heat to vigorous simmer. Cook 13 minutes. Drain and run cold water over egg until cooled; peel and coarsely chop.
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water in medium pot 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook 1 to 2 minutes until butter and shallots begin to brown. Add bread crumbs, stirring until browned, about 1 minute. Remove pan from stove; stir in parsley, salt and pepper to blend.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over broccoli, topping with chopped eggs. Serve at once.