Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is one of our very favorite salads to make for lunch. Very filling and delicious.
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta or 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta, cooked,drained,and kept warm
- 5 cups broccoli florets, steamed until crip-tender
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- chopped fresh parsley
- balsamic vinegar
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan; add the garlic and saute in the oil for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place cooked pasta into a serving bowl; add garlic-oil mixture and toss gently.
- Add the broccoli, bell peppers, tomatoes, and capers to the pasta; toss to combine.
- Right before ready to serve, add in the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste; toss gently.
- Sprinkle pine nuts and parsley on top; serve immediately.
- Pass around a cruet of balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges for those who want to add a little splash of zesty flavor to their pasta dish.