This is one of our very favorite salads to make for lunch. Very filling and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb farfalle pasta or 1/2 lb bow tie pasta, cooked,drained,and kept warm
- 5 cups broccoli florets, steamed until crip-tender
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- chopped fresh parsley
- balsamic vinegar
- lemon wedge
- 1Heat the olive oil in a saucepan; add the garlic and saute in the oil for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2Remove from the heat.
- 3Place cooked pasta into a serving bowl; add garlic-oil mixture and toss gently.
- 4Add the broccoli, bell peppers, tomatoes, and capers to the pasta; toss to combine.
- 5Right before ready to serve, add in the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste; toss gently.
- 6Sprinkle pine nuts and parsley on top; serve immediately.
- 7Pass around a cruet of balsamic vinegar and lemon wedges for those who want to add a little splash of zesty flavor to their pasta dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Pine Nut Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g