Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Broccoli makes a deliciously quick pesto - type sauce when briefly cooked and mashed with garlic, lemon, chilli and pine nuts. I use castelli cheese as I am veggie, if us are not use grana padano cheese. This is a "superfood" dish a good source of vitamins.
- 400 g penne pasta
- 250 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 garlic, cloved peeled
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta aaccording to packet instructions.
- Boil broccoli for 4 minutes, drain and return to the pan.
- mash the broccoli and add the grated garlic and the zest of the lemon, add the chilli and pine nuts.
- Drain the pasta and add the pesto. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze over the juice. Pour in the olive oil and season to taste.
- add the cheese, toss the pasta and serve.
perfect recipe....didn't follow exactly as said below but thats because i use everything as a general guideline because im too picky but it tastes just like my mom used to make it THANKS :)