Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very interesting change from regular pesto, yes?
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Place broccoli in container of blender.
- Add basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in cheese.
- To serve, toss into warm buttered pasta.
- Can be refrigerated in a tightly covered jar for a week.
- May be frozen, but then it is best not to stir in cheese until after defrosting.
This was a great new take on pesto and we served it on brown rice. I used almonds instead of pine nuts. It made a generous amount so I can put the remainder into the freezer.
Nice change from regular pesto! Made as is but used less olive oil. Added some lemon juice to replace olive oil. Thanks Sharon!
A great way to use all the broccoli in my garden. I followed the recipe exactly except I added a T of lemon juice to give it some more zing. I served on lightly toasted baguettes with fresh chopped tomatoes for a refreshing brushetta.