A great vegetarian recipe from the Micheff's sisters cookbook, Cooking for Two. I used vegetarian chicken strips. I also doubled all the veggies and rice and still had plenty of sauce.You will love the crunchy goodness of nuts with this stir fry. If you are pressed for time, use your favorite teriyaki sauce. Be sure to cut up the vegs. about the same size. Make sure your skillet is hot and use oil with a high smoke point. When the oil is hot enough a drop of water will pop into steam on contact.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 clolve garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup broccoli floret (I used about a cup)
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup onion, julienned
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced in 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup vegetarian steak (or vegetarian chicken strips)
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced thick
- 1/2 teaspoon veggie salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1In a medium skillet over high heat, add the oil.
- 2Add broccoli, carrots, onion, and garlic, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, pepper, fake steak strips(or chicken, or you can leave out altogether if you like), mushrooms, and salts.
- 3Continue stirring over high heat until veggies are slightly crunchy.
- 4Serve over brown rice and sprinkle with cashews.
- 5Teriyaki Sauce:.
- 6Combine soy sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 7Stir constantly. Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup water until smooth and add to sauce. Stir constantly unti thickened.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Pepper Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 2846.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g