Recipe by chiclet
YUM! OK, now that that's out of the way, here's what happened: I was trying to make a recipe from Vegetarian Times, but for some reason the grocery store didn't have ANYTHING I was looking for. So I improvised--with great success, if I do say so myself (and I do)!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or 2 cups wild rice
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 0.5 (14 ounce) package soy sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and peppers and cook about 3 minutes.
- Crumble sausage into pan; add garlic, oregano and crushed peppers, and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and cook until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in gorgonzola just before serving.